To be better acquainted with what we do for Image Consulting, we have to understand the concept of "Image" first. Image is the way other people look at you or the perception they have about you as a person. It influences whether people will agree to your requests, hire you, and pay you the salary you want. It greatly affects a lot of things that has to do with the career that you may want, the salary you could get and the way people would interact with you. Image is what gives people the idea of how you are and what you are capable of.
It may sound superficial but that is how it really is in todays 21st century world. If anyone can recall the cliché first impressions last, well that cliché has more truth to it today than ever before. No matter how intelligent and capable you are, no one will trust you in any way if you look like the bad guys in an action movie.
Thanks to this mentality, Image consulting as an industry is making waves in the recent years. Reality shows that revolve around image makeover has become one of the most lucrative industries to be involved with. As Image consultants, we give people advice that will assist them in attaining the look that they want professionally. Some of the areas of Image Consulting we cover are:
1. Image Analysis or Makeover Consulting wherein the makeover of a person roots from. This area of image consultation focuses on the overall appearance of you as a person and how you should look like with regard to the career you have, your age, and your status.
2. Fashion Styling or Wardrobe Consulting, which is more, focused on the look you as a person can showcase. It's all about what you should and should not purchase.
3. Makeup Analysis, which is an area that focuses on the right makeup a person and what he or she should wear on different occasions.
The three mentioned are very important physical aspects of image consultation but for good image consultants, image is more than physical form that a person has. Other than how someone looks, people also shape impressions based on how that person speaks, behaves. and carries themselves. Consequently, we as Image Consultants, also discuss with our clients other areas where people focus on to form an impression. Some of those areas include:
- Vocal communications that focus on voice, grammar, and vocabulary;
- Non-verbal communication that focus on gestures such as handshakes, bodily postures, and eye contacts; and
- Etiquette which refer to social graces, business etiquette, and dining manners.
In addition to consulting yourself, you can also form a network of strategic partners to refer clients to, such as hair stylists, makeup artists, dieticians, dentists, personal trainers, plastic surgeons, and voice coaches by doing this not only will get more clients it will also make a reputable image consultant.
Our Image Consulting Advice and Services does has it's rewards, by learning all that you need to know about how to be extremely successful means you are one step ahead in making your dreams come true!